Terms and Conditions
Arnhold & Co,. Ltd (“Arnhold/we”) owns and runs this www.arnhold.com website (“our website”).
As a website user (“you”), you agree to:
- these Terms including our disclaimers;
- our Terms and Conditions of Sales.
You accept our Terms, policies, and disclaimers when you use our website, so please read them carefully. If you don’t agree with them, please don’t use our website.
Amendments to these Terms apply from the date we publish the updated version here, so please also check them again before you use our website.
These Terms have the following sections:
- Understand our intellectual property rights
- Our rules on website conduct
- Our disclaimers
- Liability and indemnity
- Our rights if you breach our Terms
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- Contact us
1. Understand our intellectual property rights
We own the intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website.
License to use our website
- view pages from our website
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser
- print pages from our website
Not allow to use our intellectual property in any other way
This license does not give you the right to amend or adapt our website and any material on our website or:
- republish or redistribute material from our website (including republication on another website)
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website
- show any material from our website in public
- exploit material from our website for commercial purpose.
2. Our rules on website conduct
Avoid harmful content
You agree that you will not use our website to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit:
- content that is illegal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, harmful, obscene, actionable or legally objectionable
- content that invades other’s privacy
- content that breaches intellectual property rights, including our or other’s patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright
- direct marketing material, junk mail, spam
- content with computer virus or computer codes, files or programs which may interrupt, destroy, limit, compromise, delay or divert the functionality of our website.
Protect our website’s functionality
You also cannot:
- copy, store or host material with, or linked to, malicious computer software such as spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger or rootkit
- subvert our website functionality or not follow its requirements, procedures and policies or those of the networks it’s connected to
- do any systematic or automated data collection like scraping or data mining, extraction and harvesting without our written consent.
Use our email appropriately
In supplying our email addresses on our website, we do not consent to you sending unsolicited emails to us.
You also cannot:
- use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity on our website, or otherwise mislead others as to the origin of our website content
- falsely state or misrepresent an affiliation with us or others
- harass our directors, our staff or another user of our website
- impersonate a person or an entity, including impersonating our officers, directors, affiliates, staff, contributors, independent contractors, representatives, third party content providers and licensors.
Submit content on our website
User content is material you submit to our website like a document, text or image. We can remove such material without informing you.
You cannot submit material to our website that is or has been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Link to our website
Please Contact Us if you would like to link to our website, However, you can’t use our trademarks unless we agree in writing. We can stop linking at any time by giving you notice.
You also can’t modify our website, or frame or reformat its files, pages, images, information and materials on another website.
We are not liable for, and you indemnify us against, any loss, damage or expense from you linking to our website.
3. Our disclaimers
Use our website at your own risk
You use our website at your own risk. While we make every effort to ensure our website remains available and its material is current, accurate, reliable and, we cannot guarantee this and are not liable if it is not. We also don’t endorse material on a linked or mentioned website.
We can change our website at any time, even if it means you will need to change your equipment to access it. We may also suspend or discontinue our website at any time.
We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind, however caused (including by negligence), through you using our website and material.
We are also not liable if your computer system, software or data is damaged or interfered with because you use our website.
This disclaimer applies to Arnhold, our officers, directors, affiliates, staff, and service providers and licensors of our website content, products and services.
What our disclaimers cover
Our disclaimers cover the following situation when:
- you rely on our website and any third party material to be suitable, accurate and reliable
- there is a website failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion or defect; we do not correct a defect; a computer virus or a component causes damage; or data is lost
- there is a delay in our website’s operation or transmission, or a communication failure
- issues arise from online transactions such as wrong credit card information or incomplete or delayed transactions.
Our disclaimer also covers when:
- a third party acts illegally, like by hacking, stealing, destroying content, or accessing or altering records
- you access a third party website or server through our website (linking to a third party like a social media website is at your own risk)
- a third party’s conduct is defamatory, threatening, offensive or illegal, or material is published about or causes such conduct
4. Liability and indemnity
Our liability and limits
Our maximum and total liability to you (if any) under our website Terms for loss, damage or reliance is limited to resupplying our website information or resupply of any faulty products you buy through our website.
We are not liable for:
- a product or service we supply to you for free or if you buy a product or service that does not suit your needs
- lost business, lost profits, lost or corrupted data, business interruption or other damages including, consequential, special or indirect damages
- any loss from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Indemnify us against loss
You agree to indemnify us from and against any action, liability, cost, loss and damage (including legal fees) that you, we or a third party suffers because you or your agents:
- breach our website Terms or policies
- infringe our intellectual property rights or those of a third party linked on our website
- have a dispute with a third party from using our website
- break any applicable laws and regulations.
5. Our rights if you breach our Terms
If you breach our Terms or policies, we can:
- send you written warnings
- suspend or restrict your access to our website
- suspend or cancel your account on our website
- take legal action against you, e.g. if you infringe our intellectual property rights.
6. Governing law and jurisdiction
The laws of Hong Kong govern our Terms and policies, and the Hong Kong courts have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute. If any part of our Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it will be removed without affecting the rest.
In case of any conflict, the English version of these Terms will prevail over the Chinese version.
7. Contact us
You can contact us by:
- using our website Contact Us form
- email to email@example.com
- telephone (852) 2807 9400
- post, to 6/F Victoria Centre, 15 Watson Road, Hong Kong.